Sunday, January 16, 2011

GPS Adventures


On the way back from Wheeler, I thought I had left early enough to have time to get to work after stopping in Astoria for a while. I was wrong. I would have been right, had the GPS not sent me on a wild adventure. I didn't want to take the 26, as it's super windy and slippery, so i thought I would go back the way I came, down from Washington and then the 30. Well, damn, after going up a mountain somewhere in Washington and not recognizing any of the signs/streets, etc, I started to freak out. The GPS kept trying to make me go down service roads that were half finished, not paved or closed. Decided to keep going, as I had to come out somewhere. The roads were flooded in most areas, and the rain was coming down so hard it was as if there was someone holding a hose to my windshield and I couldn't get it cleared enough to see anything. After about an hour and no end in sight, I tried to call work to say i was going to be late. No service. In the middle of the fucken woods. Luckily I never travel with less then half a tank of gas so I was ok on that end. After 2 hours I came out the other side of Washington, through a city called Kelso, through the industrial side. I actually will be going back, as there were abandoned silos I would love to explore. See. The GPS IS good for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment